FTC Disclosure:This post contains affiliate links.We’re independently supported by our readers and we may earn a commission when you buy through our links.
Table of Contents
A Guide on Nursery Blackout Curtains
Curtains are effective in giving a luxurious look to your room along with regulating the internal temperature. You can get all the features if you plan out your room’s look. Take a note of your window’s dimensions along with the room’s dimensions, and then go for a suitable fit for a curtain. Blackout curtains protect from sun rays and cold breezes equally so that you will get a refined experience. There are tons of designs, but you need to have a mind map before stepping into the buying procedure. This guide will explore some of the basic features of blackout curtains. In the end, introduce some of the intriguing designs for a definite look.
What are the Pros?
- You can easily enhance your room privacy with these blackout curtains, unlike other options. No one can peak through the rigid quality material of these blackout curtains, and you can trust these curtains all the time.
- During summer, heat waves can increase your room temperature nearly equal to blazing external temperature. The blackout curtains allow you to ensure that such heatwaves do not enter your room so that you can maintain a relatively lower room temperature.
- During winter, the cold breezes can be a nuisance. Blackout curtains are effective in preventing these breezes from coming inside your room.
A Good Sleep for Your Baby is Inevitable:
For nurseries, blackout curtains are an ideal option for your baby. You can turn off all the lights and observe good darkness even in the daytime. These curtains will prevent a small amount of noise that can disturb your baby during sleep. Good quality curtains have consistently proven themselves in providing a sound sleep for your baby.
A Word on Sizes:
- It would be best to opt for larger sizes of these blackout curtains, which are even more significant than the window’s dimensions. An excellent-looking curtain nearly touches the ceiling of your room and is only a few inches off the ground. These are not like blinds which should be strictly following the dimensions of your window. So keep in mind to get bigger sizes to extract maximum benefits from these blackout curtains.
- Try to opt-out of a rod that supports your curtain. Remember that blackout curtains are heavier than usual, so do not buy a weak rod as it will always fall off. The diameter of your rod should be at least 1 inch.
- There are many ways from which you can hand your curtains from these rods. One of them includes hanging these curtains by curtain rings. These are effective and provide a more elegant look. Other options include using clips. This option might not be a good one as clips are not ideal for such heavy blackout curtains.
- Evelyn Curtains
- Honeycomb Jacquard Curtains
- Velvet Blackout Curtains
- Minimal strip Curtains
- Belgian Textured Linen Drapery
- Belgian Flax Curtains
Many reviews encourage using blackout curtains for nurseries. You can get ideal usage without using all those fancy hardware to prevent sun rays and other factors from trespassing into your room. Remember to find a good fit, or else it will look quite awkward. Keep up the color scheme to find a more luxurious look for your room.