FTC Disclosure:This post contains affiliate links.We’re independently supported by our readers and we may earn a commission when you buy through our links.
A Guide on Jewelry Boxes
People want to keep their valuables safe, and for jewelry, one needs to keep it in one of the safest spots. Jewelry boxes have been standard in case you have to keep your jewelry safe. These boxes should have unique features to provide maximum protection for your jewelry. You should know various factors that are lethal to your jewelry. One of these factors is moisture. If you have a luxurious box for your jewelry, but it cannot keep the water away from the jewelry, it will damage your jewelry’s shine. This guide will explore these factors and provide a comprehensive and universal buying guide for your jewelry boxes.
- Wood is an excellent material for jewelry boxes. Nowadays, many brands do not provide good quality boxes, and you end up losing the shine of your precious necklaces and bracelets. Wood has been in practical use for more than 5 to 6 centuries. It is because it has the universal property of keeping your stuff safe.
- It will be best if you look for all the available options for these jewelry boxes. The crucial thing is that these boxes should hold all of your jewelry in place without pushing it around. There should be separate columns and areas for proper holding of these items.
- It will be best if you pay a little attention to the lining of the box. If it becomes abrasive or poorly crafted, it will damage the jewelry inside it. So it will be best to make sure that the lining is soft and non-abrasive.
- If you have some valuable stones, consider putting them in a bag before keeping them inside a box. This technique will prevent cracks and other abrasions on these stones.
- If you are seriously worried about the security of these jewelry boxes, then keep them inside a moisture-free safe in your house or bank locker. But if the general concern is your children, then get a usual lock on the jewelry box.
- All women are fond of the voguish design of their jewelry boxes. It will be best if you choose between modern and traditional methods. The traditional ones have a high yield of detailing on the chest. The trendy ones, on the other hand, maintains integrity and storage space for your jewelry. You can also go for a mix of designs, and it will work out perfectly.
- The design of your box should match the natural taste of your house’s interior décor. If it is not comparing, then do consider a change here.
- A crucial concept is to look out for the box material. If it is breaking down or degrading, then order a repair from various outlets.
- WEST ELM
- CRATE AND BARREL
- KATE SPADE
There are a plethora of choices that you can make while choosing a jewelry box. But look out for an elegant design because it will be hosting some of your best jewels.